Brighten up your day with a drink that tastes like sunshine. All you need are four ingredients to make this tasty and nutritious pineapple and banana smoothie. It makes a light but lovely grab-and-go breakfast or a yummy snack.
Reasons to Love This Recipe
I feel like I’m always on the hunt for the perfect smoothie recipe. It has to be flavorful, filling, and just the right consistency.
This one ticks all of the boxes.
Frozen bananas and pineapples make this smoothie cool, nutritious, and thick, orange juice adds flavor (and color), and Greek yogurt adds just the right amount of creaminess.
Just in case you needed some more reasons to try this smoothie, it’s also a great source of nutrients.
- Protein – Greek yogurt adds 13 grams of protein to keep you full.
- Potassium – We all know bananas are a great source of potassium, but the other ingredients in this recipe contain potassium too! In fact, each serving has over 900 mg of potassium, which should put you well on your way to meeting your daily potassium needs. This nutrient helps keep your nerves and cardiovascular system working properly.
- Vitamin C – This well-known nutrient supports immunity and skin health. Lucky you, this recipe should help you meet your daily needs!
There aren’t too many secrets to this one – just blend and enjoy!
I will say that a decent blender makes a big difference in your smoothie’s texture. My current blender, the Breville Super Q, absolutely rocks. (They’re not paying me to say that, but I wish they would!)
- Use fresh fruit instead of frozen – Your smoothie will still be delicious! It might be a bit more watery and it will need some ice cubes.
- Swap out the orange juice – You can also use milk or a plant-based milk. Your smoothie will be more creamy and less tart, but it will still taste good!
- Add protein – To make this smoothie more filling, add a scoop of protein powder.
- Vegan version – Use plant-based yogurt instead of dairy-based Greek yogurt.
Pineapple and Banana Smoothie
- 2 medium bananas frozen
- 1 cup pineapple frozen
- 1 cup Greek yogurt vanilla, peach, coconut or strawberry flavor
- 1 cup orange juice
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth
- Please note that nutrition facts are an estimate and can vary widely based on amounts and specific types used.
Looking for more smoothie recipes?
- Avocado island green smoothie
- Pumpkin pie smoothie
- Peach green smoothie
- Berry protein smoothie
- Mango protein smoothie
- Strawberry PB smoothie