Hi, I’m Chelsea
I started Chelsea Dishes because I was SO sick of seeing my friends and family getting duped by crappy nutrition advice online. In the internet age, everyone is an “expert” and that can actually do harm. There’s no shortage of nutrition information, recipes, and news headlines online, but it can be hard to separate misinformation from the good stuff.
There is an opportunity here for communication and education, and wouldn’t you know it? That’s kinda my thing.
My goal here is to make nutrition easy to understand and empower you to cook healthy(ish) meals so you can eat better and stress less!
What I Do
My work is all about making healthy living more attainable for the average human. I’ve worked as a dance teacher, group fitness instructor, personal trainer, and now as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN).
Fancy Letters and Other Credentials
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Licensed Nutritionist
- Master of Food and Nutrition – Bowling Green State University
- Dietetic Internship – Bowling Green State University
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science & Dietetics – Western Michigan University
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
My food philosophy
As an RDN, I’ve worked in chronic disease management and mental health, with a focus on nutrition counseling. I’ve worked with hundreds of diverse clients every month, which has been a huge learning experience.
Some nuggets of health wisdom I’ve learned so far:
- Wellness looks different on everyone – despite what diet zealots will tell you, there is no one-size-fits-all solution for a healthy life
- Details don’t matter as much as we think – one meal or workout won’t make or break your health status
- Less ≠ more – restriction isn’t sustainable or healthy. Food shouldn’t make you miserable. Instead, let’s focus on eating foods that nourish your mind, body, and soul.
It’s my goal to infuse some of this realistic nutrition wisdom into each blog post. You can expect easy recipes for real life, approachable cooking and nutrition tips, and ZERO diet BS.