Berry almond butter overnight oats are perfect for on-the-go mornings. Frozen berries add natural sweetness, which eliminates the need for added sweeteners. Almonds and almond butter add creaminess and healthy fats to keep you satisfied all the way until lunch. I’d call that a winning combo.
Why I Love These Berry Overnight Oats
Berry almond butter overnight oats are your answer to super crazy mornings. You know the type of morning I’m talking about – the kind where you have 8 million things to do, but no time to do them. These are usually the type of mornings that precede even busier days – days that require fuel for your brain and body. When life gets crazy, it’s easy to skip out on self-care activities. (Cough, cough… Like skipping breakfast.) Starting your morning without the proper fuel can leave you with hangry and foggy feelings before lunch even hits. No bueno.
This is where make-ahead breakfasts like overnight oats come in. Most of us have a bit more downtime in the evening than we do in the morning, so utilizing this time for meal prep can make a difference. It’s like laying your outfit out the night before. By preparing your food ahead of time, you’ve eliminated a choice you have to make in the morning. All you need to do is grab and go!
Berries provide a sweet, antioxidant-rich punch, as well as fiber. This makes them a filling and relatively low-sugar combo to keep blood sugars stable. I use frozen berries because when they thaw, they give off a bit of natural juice, which eliminates the need for sweeteners. (Frozen berries also make a perfect pancake topping for this reason! Nom.)
Almonds and almond butter are a bit more mild tasting than peanut butter, which is why I like combining them with berries. Almond butter provides a touch of creaminess and healthy fat, but its mildness allows the berry flavor to shine through.
Berry Overnight Oats with Almond Butter
- mason jar
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder I use whey, but you can use any kind!
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- Add old fashioned oats, vanilla protein powder, chia seeds, and milk to a mason jar or food container. Cover and shake to mix consistently. Add frozen berries on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight
- Add almond butter and sliced almonds and enjoy!
- Please note that nutrition facts are an estimate and can vary widely based on amounts and specific types used.
- Refrigerated overnight oats will keep in the fridge for about 4 days.
Want to see how to make more variations on overnight oats? Check out my collection of Overnight Oats with Protein!