Crispy Chickpeas (Air Fryer)
These crispy chickpeas are nutritious, cheap, and easy to make! They're the perfect choice for balanced snacking.
Set your air fryer to 390°F and set the timer for 20 minutes.
Drain, rinse, and thoroughly dry chickpeas with a paper towel. Remove outer coatings of chickpeas if desired.
Add the chickpeas to the air fryer and drizzle with olive oil. Cook for 15 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes. During the last 5 minutes, add the lemon pepper seasoning.
Serve immediately or store in an open/semi-open container at room temperature. For extra lemony flavor, add a squeeze of fresh lemon before eating.
Please note that nutrition facts are an estimate and can vary widely based on amounts and specific types used.
- Seasoning ideas: garlic pepper, paprika and dill, parsley and parmesan, cajun, everything bagel, taco seasoned, turmeric and black pepper, seasoned salt, jerk spices, ranch
- Oven version:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thoroughly rinse and dry 1 can of chickpeas.
- Spread the chickpeas out on the prepared baking sheet, then drizzle with just a bit of olive oil and toss to coat.
- Bake for 35 minutes, tossing occasionally. Add salt, pepper, and/or your favorite spices, and enjoy!
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 256mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 29IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 3mg