Raise your hand if you love Almond Joy candy bars! Keep your hand raised if you’d like to have one for breakfast that could keep you full until lunch without sending you on a blood sugar roller coaster! If your hand is still raised, Almond Joy overnight oats will be your new BFF. This recipe is full of the rich chocolate, coconut, and almond flavors of the beloved candy bar, with a fraction of the added sugar.
If hectic mornings sometimes make you skip breakfast, make-ahead breakfasts like overnight oats will save the day. Mix together all of the ingredients before you go to bed and you’ll have a nutritious meal ready when you wake up. Simply grab your jar and run out the door! You got this boo.
What Makes Almond Joy Overnight Oats Delicious AND Nutritious
- This recipe uses unsweetened cocoa powder and shredded coconut to give you chocolatey coconutty flavors without added sugar. The maple syrup adds a bit of sweetness and can be tailored to your preferred level of sweetness.
- Sliced almonds pack a bit of crunch and healthy fats to keep you satisfied for hours after eating.
- Protein from the secret ingredient (shhh… it’s protein powder!) makes this recipe more filling than standard oatmeal recipes.
How to Make Almond Joy Overnight Oats
1. Mix dry ingredients and milk in a jar
First, add the oats, protein powder, and chia seeds, and cocoa powder to the jar. I always put the lid on and give it a good shake to ensure that everything is evenly distributed. Then, add maple syrup and enough milk to cover your oats, put the lid on, and shake vigorously.
To give your oats time to “cook,” refrigerate them for at least 4 hours or overnight. When you’re ready to eat, the oats should have absorbed most of the liquid and softened considerably.
3. Add toppings
Add shredded coconut and sliced almonds, then enjoy!
Almond Joy Overnight Oats
- mason jar
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 scoop protein powder vanilla or chocolate flavor
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- Add old fashioned oats, protein powder, chia seeds, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and milk to a mason jar or food container. Cover and shake to mix consistently.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with shredded coconut and sliced almonds.
- Please note that nutrition facts are an estimate and can vary widely based on amounts and specific types used.
- Refrigerated overnight oats will keep in the fridge for about 4 days.
Want to see how to make more variations on overnight oats? Check out my collection of Overnight Oats with Protein!